Driving on highways can be an extremely efficient way for motorists to get to their desired location. However, because drivers are traveling at high speeds with few stops or cross traffic intersections, highways can also be extremely dangerous for the common individual. Because safe driving can protect your life, and the lives of others, it is imperative to review certain safety tips before venturing out on the road.
Highway fatalities occur every single day and the effects can often be more devastating than a collision on a neighborhood road. According to the Federal Highway Administration, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 1 to 34 years old.
If you or someone you love was hurt or killed in a highway collision and you would like to seek legal representation, contact the Lake Geneva car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at 800-242-2874.
Highway Safety Tips
There are several recommendations that motorists should consider when driving on the highway:
- Plan your trip ahead of time, making now to highway entrances and exits.
- Adhere to the speed limit and use your turn signals when changing lanes.
- Never park on the highway and avoid unnecessary stops.
- If involved in a vehicle emergency, try to steer straight and pull over to the shoulder as soon as possible.
- Avoid typical distractions, like talking on your cell phone, eating, or trying to read a map while driving.
Even the safest drivers are still at risk for a car accident due to the negligent behavior of others. If you are involved in an accident with a reckless driver, you have the right to pursue your case in a court of law. With the help of an experienced Lake Geneva cat accident attorney, you may be able to receive financial compensation to help you recover some of the losses incurred as a result of your accident.
If you would like to learn more about your legal rights following a highway traffic collision, call the Lake Geneva car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 today.