Safety Tips For Road Trips
Road trips are a great way to travel to a new, exotic location without the high cost of airplane fare. It can also be a wonderful bonding experience for a family, couple or a close group of friends. Whether you are driving 100 miles or 1,000 miles, it is important to understand the safety risks involved in this type of endeavor.
Drivers that research tips, resources and advice before embarking on a long driving trip are well-equipped to make good decisions on the road. However, no matter how safe your driving may be, it is impossible to control the behavior of others. If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident caused by a reckless, unsafe driver, contact the Lake Geneva car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, by calling 800-242-2874 to learn more about how you can pursue your case in a court of law.
Before loading up the car for a road trip, consider the following suggestions:
- If possible, travel with at least one other driver. Trade driving responsibilities to avoid fatigue.
- Though it may be tempting to talk on the phone while driving, understand that this increases your risk of an accident as much as having a BAC of .08.
- Do not attempt to eat and drive simultaneously. Pull over for meals and enjoy your meal inside of the restaurant.
- Do not attempt to read a map while driving. Park your vehicle on the side of the road or at a rest stop if you need to review your driving directions.
- Limit distractions in the car such as loud music or raucous conversation. Remain focused on the road at all times.
- Make sure your vehicle is top condition. Have your tire pressure and brake fluid checked before leaving.
By following these precautions, you can limit your risk of an accident on the road. Protect your life and the lives of your passengers by adhering to safe driving practices at all times.
If you are on a long stretch of interstate highway, you may be surrounded by other drivers on road trips who are not as safe as you are. If you are involved in a car accident with a driver who is fatigued or distracted during a road trip, you may have a right to financial compensation by bringing the claim to court. Contact the Lake Geneva car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, by calling 800-242-2874 for a case evaluation.