Every morning and afternoon, millions of Americans commute to and from work. Many times, drivers are faced with high-density traffic situations on busy streets or highways. Because individuals are often tired and ready to get to their destination as quickly as possible, they may not always adhere to the most responsible driving practices. However, it is important to remember to engage in safe behavior in order to limit the risk of a car accident and keep yourself safe in the car at all times.
Even if you are being responsible behind the wheel, other drivers may not and you may find yourself in an accident with one of these negligent individuals. If you are involved in a car accident due to the reckless behavior of another party, you may be entitled to financial compensation to help cover the damages you incurred as a result of the collision. To learn more about your legal rights in this situation, contact the Lake Geneva car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874.
Commuter Safety Tips
The following tips can help you be a safer commuter:
- Do not change lanes unnecessarily.
- Drive defensively and remain vigilant at all times. Cars may suddenly brake or swerve in front of you at any time.
- Make sure to leave adequate stopping room between you and the car in front of you, in case you are hit from behind.
- Limit your stress levels by listening to music or audio books at safe volume levels. Try to remain calm if you are running late.
- Carpool, if possible. Not only will you appreciate the company and have another set of eyes to help you drive more safely, it is also an eco-friendly option.
- Plan your route ahead of time. This can limit stress and lane changes due to the sudden realization that you have to enter or exit the highway quickly.
By adhering to the above recommendations, you can help ensure that your ride to and from work is always a safe one. However, when accidents do occur, know that you are protected under the law from injury caused by a negligent motorist.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident caused by another party’s negligence, contact the Lake Geneva car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 today to discuss the facts of your case.