Defensive Driving: Tips & Techniques
Millions of people travel our nation’s roadways every day going from destination to destination. Since we share this asphalt network it seems to be in the interest of everyone to adopt certain safe-driving techniques. Defensive driving is a series of driving techniques that can be adopted in order to help keep both drivers and pedestrians from being involved in an accident.
Defensive driving is an essential part of minimizing road accidents. For more information on defensive driving and for legal help regarding a car accident, contact the Lake Geneva car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 today.
Tips & Techniques
Defensive driving courses are available for anyone who would like to improve their driving skills. These courses teach responsibility behind the wheel and inform drivers about precautions they can take on the road.
Some helpful defensive driving tips and techniques include:
- Stay Alert: Never drive under the influence and do not drive without enough sleep
- Stay Focused: Avoid distractions such as cell phones and loud music
- Keep the Legal Speed: Do not drive over the speed limit
- Adjust to Road Conditions: Drive slower in rain, snow, and on wet roads
- Obey Traffic Laws: Observe signs such as pedestrian crossings and speed limits
- Assume the Worst: Do not depend on other drivers to keep yourself safe
- Maintain Yourself: Check your safety belts and mirrors
- Maintain Your Vehicle: Check brake lights, headlights, and turn signals
If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident where another driver failed to drive responsibly, contact the Lake Geneva auto accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at 800-242-2874.