Preventing Bicycle Accidents
For many people, commuting on bicycle or taking leisurely rides is an enjoyable way to travel. Sadly, many accidents take place between cyclists and other motorists. Although sometimes it is the bicyclists’ fault, the majority of times an accident is the fault of a driver who is not paying attention or is unused to cyclists’ habits. As a cyclist , there are many things that you can do to help make drivers aware of you and prevent a potentially lethal accident.
Tragically, no matter how many preventative measures you take, accidents can still happen. When they do, the Lake Geneva bicycle accident lawyers at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. can help. Call our experienced legal professionals at 800-242-2874 to speak with a lawyer about your case today.
What To Do To Prevent an Accident
Although you may think you know how to stay safe on a bike there are several actions you can take as a cyclist that you may have forgotten. These include:
- Wear a flashing headlight, even during the day
- Wave at drivers, especially ones pulling out of driveways or alleys
- Don’t ride on the sidewalk as it’s been shown to be much more dangerous than riding on the road
- Always ride with the flow of traffic, not against it
- Stop behind a car’s blind spot so they can see you
- Use a handlebar or helmet mirror so you are more able to see your surroundings
Taking preventative actions to keep yourself from becoming involved in a bicycle accident can save you from life-altering physical injuries, mental trauma, and financial difficulties that no one wants to experience.
You don’t and shouldn’t have to shoulder all the responsibility if someone else was at fault for an accident due to irresponsible driving. Call the Lake Geneva bicycle accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. at 800-242-2874 to receive quality advice from one of our skilled lawyers.