Top 5 Items You Should Have in Your Roadside Emergency Kit
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming, especially if you are not prepared to handle the event. One of the most important things you can have inside your car in case of an accident or breakdown is a roadside emergency kit. By having a few key items in your kit, you can have the tools necessary to meet the challenges of roadside emergencies.
Unfortunately, no matter how safe or prepared you may be while on the road, you can still suffer in accidents caused by the negligence of others. If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation to pay for damages. Contact a Lake Geneva auto accident attorney of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874 and schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options.
Five Important Things for a Roadside Emergency Kit
You can include many items inside your roadside emergency kit, but five of the most important ones you should always have include:
- Flashlight with extra batteries—you need a flashlight so you can see what you are doing in case you are in an accident or have car trouble at night.
- Toolbox—you need a few tools to help you in case of a breakdown or a flat tire.
- Warning triangles or flares—these are important to let others know where you are on the side of the road in case of an accident or breakdown.
- Jumper cables—you need these in case your car battery dies.
- Pen, paper, and disposable camera—these items can help you can document any accidents and also exchange information with the other driver.
While these items cannot prevent an accident, they can help you in the event of an auto accident or breakdown.
If you have been hurt in a car accident caused by another person, you can learn more about your legal rights by calling a Lake Geneva auto accident attorney of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874.