Milwaukee  |  Waukesha  |  Madison  |  Racine  |  Kenosha  |  Lake Geneva  |  Appleton  |  Green Bay  |  Wausau  |  Rhinelander  |  Stevens Point  |  Sheboygan  |  West Bend
When accidents or injuries happen to you or someone you love...why choose anyone else®
Home > FAQs > Can I Sue a Driver Arrested On Criminal Charges?

Can I sue a driver arrested on criminal charges?

When a person commits a crime, such as intoxicated driving, and causes an accident in the process, they may face two different legal actions against them. The first, and more well-known, is the criminal trial, which the state handles. The second is a civil lawsuit brought against them by the person injured due to their dangerous driving. This causes a person to face both criminal penalties from the criminal trial and the possibility of paying compensation resulting from an injury lawsuit.

If you’ve been injured by someone arrested after the accident, you may still be able to file for compensation. A criminal trial doesn’t usually interfere with a person’s rights to pursue financial compensation. To learn more about your full range of legal options after a car accident, contact a Lake Geneva auto accident attorney of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. at 800-242-2874 today.

Live Chat!
  • The information disclosed in this form does not constitute, nor create an attorney-client relationship.
Super Lawyers Martindale Hubbell AV Rated